Wednesday, March 30, 2011
We took Trace, Austin, and Ethan on a surprise trip to Disney over spring break. It was very last minute, but it just seemed like the right time and they had been begging to go. They thought we were going to the zoo so we just got them up really early and headed toward Orlando. When we were almost there I pulled out some Disney Character Silly Bands I had bought. I started giving them to them 1 at a time and it didn't click until I gave them the Mickey one. Trace was the first to catch on, but them I gave them a Mickey key chain and that did it! We had a really awesome day and the the weather was so perfect. It was in the 70's and a little overcast. I don't think I can ever go to Disney during the summer again after this trip! We rode pretty much everything including all of us going on Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Stitch's Alien Encounter. Austin and I rode Space Mountain together, which was so exciting for him and I! I love having kids big enough to do all these fun things with =) We came home very tired, very late at night, and with much emptier pockets, but we made memories that were worth every yawn that we yawned and dollar that we spent!
The Boys had a great time playing basketball at Sarasota Baptist. They started in December and finished up right before spring break. It was a really awesome experience all the way around. They ended us with the best coaches, Trace had Mr. Crump who is the principle at their school. It was such a great opportunity for them to get to know each other better. Austin had Mr. Longenecker who teaches 5th grade at Suncoast. What great coaches and role models they were for the boys. Ethan made a new friend too, Mr. Longenecker's son, Gavin. Trace and Austin learned so much about playing b-ball and the fact that they pray during practice and games just really makes it such a good and safe environment for them to be in. New friends, new skills, and fun! What more could you ask for?
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Some of the things that make my sweet Ethan so special
* He loves to tell knock knock jokes and he told his first one at 2 years old.
* He insists that he is skipping 4 and turning 5 this year and nothing we sat will convice him otherwise
* He wears wranglers and cowboy boots almost every day
* He loves his little brother and is so happy Reece is finally getting big enough to play.
* He is so excited to start school in the fall and already has his lunch box picked out!
* He can work my smartphone better than I can and loves loves loves to play Angry Birds
* He can sing the ABC's, count to 15, knows right and left, and can write his name.
* His favorite phrase is "I need to tell you something", and then he proceeds to ask a question!
* He asks more questions than anyone I have ever met, but I love that he soaks up all the info he can and I don't mind answering every one of them.
* Most of all he loves to pray, go to Sunday school, and talk about God.....what more could a mom ask for!